PDA

View Full Version : Software for converting PDF files to DWG files

erictassi
06-14-2007, 11:53 PM
AutoDWG offers PDF to DWG converter, the PDFin software, which is able to import PDF to DWG file format, and DWG file is editable. So you can download this useful software from http://www.autodwg.com/download/PDF2DWG-SA.exe, and it's FREE to trial.

John Scheffel
06-15-2007, 08:30 AM
Although this thread is about 3rd party software not directly related to CoCreate, I am going to allow it because it could be of value to members of this forum who want to convert PDF to DWG for import into CoCreate applications. I think it falls within the rules we established for this type of posting. I did move this thread from the Drafting forum to this forum because it is really an advertisement for "3rd-Party Software" posted by someone who works for the company that markets it.

jkramer
06-18-2007, 12:28 AM
Hi,

just curious: will this software convert both bitmap and vector content, or only the vector data???
We use GSView (Ghostscript) to convert pdf data to dxf. Works OK for most vector data, but (for obvious reasons) bitmap data is still a problem. I managed to import bitmaps by using QCAD or GraphicConverter (Mac programs), which allow export as HPGL. With a macro, the coordinates of the HPGL file can be imported as polyline or Construction Points in ME10 or a Workplane in Modeling.

Regards,
Jaap