PDA

View Full Version : Confirm, End under the RMB

koninkske
05-31-2007, 04:12 AM
Is it just me who would find the Confirm and End (quitting a command) under the Right Mouse Button usefull?

I would save a lot of "mouse traffic" .

Gary Brauch
05-31-2007, 05:33 AM
Here is a macro that you can input that puts the "End" in the right mouse button menu. You can change it to add confirm if you like.

The other option would be to use this as an example and then create your own macro that has these commands plus others and call it with a "shift rmb".

Gary.

dszostak
05-31-2007, 06:01 AM
I like how koninkske used a custom footer to stated what version of Modeling he is currently running.

BTW - Officially I would write it out like this, Release 2006 v14.0.2.4

Thanks.

koninkske
05-31-2007, 10:11 PM
To Mr Dszostak : thx for the info i update the signature :)

To Gary Brauch : i opened it with wordpad but cant find the command. Unfortunately i cant work in lisp (yet) .......

Is there anyone who can make a macro with the commands in it or is it a lot of work?

Thx in advance

Markus
05-31-2007, 10:20 PM
Do we talk about Drafting or Modeling?
If you want this functionality in Modeling, it is there already: Just click the middle mouse button which does a "Complete" of the current command.
If we talk about Drafting, I don't know how to do this.

Markus

koninkske
06-01-2007, 12:31 AM
I am talking about Modelling AND Annotation. It seems to me it would be usefull to have Confirm (or Ok or Return ...) and END in a popup menu under the Right Mouse Button next to the usual choices.

Markus
06-01-2007, 01:20 AM
You can customize the viewport right-click menu interactively.
Just go to Tools -> Customize and click the Menu tab. In the right part of this menu click "Viewport Right Click" from the drop-down list. This opens the current contents of this context menu. Now click the Commands tab and locate the Miscellaneous group. In the right list you'll find the OK command. Drag this command to any place within the viewport right click context menu and voilą the command is added.
Close the customize menu and click the right mouse button in the viewport to see your customized context menu.

You need to repeat the same steps in Annotation.

Wolfgang
06-01-2007, 05:09 AM
@koninkske

May we know the reason that you don't like to use the middle mouse button as Markus suggested? This is build functionality since decades ;) Not any extra customization needed. And it's shorter than any entry in a RMB (Right Mouse Button) menu. Not any mouse movement needed!

koninkske
06-08-2007, 04:25 AM
You suggested correct :o)
As my middle mouse button is usually a wheelbutton.

The thing is dat in ME10 the RMB DOES contain END/CANCEL/CONFIRM/DELETE and i find it very usefull.

So it's a kinda downfall for me not having those features under RMB ;)