PDA

View Full Version : GenerateUniqueNameForModels not working in ModelManager 2007

Marten
05-19-2007, 09:27 AM
Hi,

I am testing our configuration for the 2007 version, and I just noticed that I get a dialog when saving models with a name which already exists in the database. In this dialog I am asked to give a new name, in spite of the <GenerateUniqueNameForModels> tag, which is set to true.

In version 14.00 this works as expected (i.e., I don't get a dialog and the model is saved anyhow).

Is this a bug, or do I have to change something else in my configuration? I don't see anything about this in the xml-changes docs.

With kind regards,

Marten Verhoeven

dszostak
05-22-2007, 10:08 AM
In version 15.00A of CoCreate OneSpace Model Manager 2007, I tested out this scenario and I didn't have any issues - things worked fine. I also double checked with CoCreate Support and there are no defects logged against this XML tag.

Below is my XML file as an example:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<WMConfig>
<WMServerInfo>
<LicenseServer>u10qt</LicenseServer>
<DbServer>bob:9898</DbServer>
<FileServer>bob:9899</FileServer>

<WebServicesServer>bob:8580</WebServicesServer>
<JobSpoolerServer>socket://bob:8899</JobSpoolerServer>
<SoftwareDistributionServer>localhost</SoftwareDistributionServer>
</WMServerInfo>
<Options>
<GenerateUniqueNameForModels>true</GenerateUniqueNameForModels>
</Options>
</WMConfig>

At this point, check your XML file for errors and if you have an active support contract, contact CoCreate Support (http://www.cocreate.com/contact_support.cfm).

Marten
05-22-2007, 10:18 PM
Hi David,

I have further investigated this, and found out whats wrong. In ModelManager there is now a test to see if the model is already unique. This test however is not correct. When you have a '-'-character in your name, the software fails to see that the name is not unique, because the pattern for the check is ".*-[A-Z0-9]*" (after the minus-sign, everything seems to be allowed). b.t.w. this check is part of Model.java.

I have reported this error through our supplier.

Thanks for your response.

With kind regards,

Marten Verhoeven