PDA

View Full Version : When Chinese version be available?

mlxjliao
03-12-2007, 10:55 PM
Hi, all,

When will the Chinese version of Cocreate applications be available?

clausb
03-14-2007, 01:46 AM
As far as I know, our partners at ECS are already providing a version of OneSpace Modeling which has been adapted for Chinese. See also http://www.ecs-ap.com/ecsdata/product.php?ecsmenu=2

Claus

mlxjliao
03-14-2007, 06:49 PM
Claus,

Thanks for your update, I think the product from ECS is not so good. what's more, they just developped OSDM Chinese version, none for OSDD, OSMM and OS.net.

clausb
03-15-2007, 07:14 AM
I see. I'd be interested to learn what kind of problems you found with ECS' Chinese adaptation of OneSpace Modeling. The Enhancement Request board shouldn't be used for extended discussions, but if you like, you could send me a private message or email.

Thanks a lot!

Claus

John Scheffel
03-16-2007, 12:56 PM
I don't have any problems with extended discussions in the Enhancement Request forum, but if others do I could start a new thread on this topic in the Modeling forum and cross reference the two threads. I think this is an important topic as more companies start to have a presence in China and would prefer the discussion stay in the forum in case it is of interest to others. You might also get some more input from other people interested in a Chinese version if you keep the discussion in the forum.

mlxjliao
03-21-2007, 07:58 PM
For the Chinese verison, OSMM is equal important than OSDM/OSDD, because most Chinese can not understand the glossary in English, for example, packet and project, part and document,etc, so they can not execute Cocreate syetems in practice.

what's more, more and more local companies in China are surveying 3d design tools and PDM systems, if Cocreate can not be aware that, his opponents will possess more and more market here.