PDA

View Full Version : Draft Analysis Change

last_option
11-20-2006, 09:18 PM
Hello,

Currently, when one completes a draft analysis one would follow this procedure.

1. select the part which to apply the analysis.
2. choose the angle to search for.
3. select the direction for the analysis.
4. (This is the part I dislike) click the start button.

Instead of clicking the start button, I always click the OK button. After clicking the ok button it closes the draft analysis which is frustrating because you have to start over.

But what I don't understand is that most other procedures require you to fill the boxes and press OK. So, my request is to make the draft analysis work with the OK button and use a next button to make changes to the draft analysis.

Thanks,

dorothea
11-20-2006, 10:03 PM
Hello,

One part of the draft analysis is to visually check on the model where the draft angle of the faces is too small with respect to the draft direction and angle or where within the part/faces a problem might be (for instance undercut situation). This visual check is only possible while the dialog is running. Pressing the ok-button finishes the dialog. The graphical preview cannot be displayed any longer. The visual check is not possible.
The other part of the dialog is a permanent change to the model. This can be checked after the dialog is finished. But not the first part.
Because of the visual check there was added the 'Start' button where the user can decide that all parameters are correctly specified and the draft analysis can start.

Dorothea

last_option
11-21-2006, 08:55 AM
Dorothea,

You do understand that Draft Analysis does not follow the standard process flow relative to other onespace function. For example, if I copy a part I select the part to copy, accept the auto generated name or create a new name, select owner and press OK.

A little more complicate example is taper a part, I select the face, identify the draft plan, enter the angle and press OK. But I can use the preview and next button to continue the operations.

But Draft analysis doesn not follow the standard process flow, instead of OK you press the start button. There is not another function in onespace that uses a start button, it just doesn't make sense. Instead of start there should be a next and OK sequence. If you press OK you should see the analysis and if you press OK again the analysis is turned off and use next to define a new analysis.

thanks,

dszostak
11-22-2006, 09:30 AM
Hello last_option,

Thanks for pointing out this inconsistancy. The more users let us know about these issues, the faster they will get fixed in the next major or minor release. Don't forget to use eSupport Marketplace and submit your product suggestion there as well. Doing it both here and there will help everyone involved and interested.