PDA

View Full Version : Printing Dimension Font

birchweg
10-22-2006, 10:56 AM
Hi
I am using an old version of ME 10 and am experiencing the following problem:
I use dimension text font size 3.5 and dimension pensize 0.35. However when I print the drawing the actual dimension is only approx. 0.1 thick and nearly unreadable. Any help in where I am going wrong would be greatly appreciated.
birchweg

John Scheffel
10-24-2006, 08:13 AM
How are you setting the dimension pensize? I couldn't find a setting for this in the UI. Are you trying to make the dimension lines thicker or the dimension text thicker?

It may depend on the version of ME10 that you are running, but in older versions the thickness of lines in plots was typically controlled by the use of plot tranformations. These could be used to map the line colors and types that you see in the viewport to pen width in the plot. For example, if your dimension lines and text used the default color or yellow, the following command would set the plotted pen width to 0.35.

PLOT_TRANSFORMATION ALL YELLOW 0 0 SAME penwidth 0.35 1

birchweg
10-25-2006, 05:40 AM
Hi John
What I am trying to do is have the dimension lines at 0.25 thick and the dimension text at 0.35 thick. Both are yellow. The command for the plot transformation at the moment is as follows:
PLOT_TRANSFORMATION ALL {yellow range} .5 1. .5 1. .0 .5 SAME 1
This is in the macro DEFINE Plot_black_and_white
Thanks for reply