PDA

View Full Version : Frames in Annotation big problem

fcoexposito
10-19-2006, 02:08 AM
Hi all,

I am using Modeling 14.00B (14.0.2.4) with site customization and I have some frames in MM.

For example, in my am_customize, I have defined "A4_Standard" which is in the local disk file.
In MM I have the frame "A4_Frame_Std".
In wm_am_customize I have the A4_Standard linked with "A4_Frame_Std"

If I load Annotation without MM, I can see the correct frames which are in site am_customize.
However, if I load Annotation and MM, I see more frames. The frames which are defined in wm_am_customize and the frames which are in MM; they are the same, but they appear duplicated: appear "A4_standard" and "WM-A4_Frame_Std"

If I delete site am_customize and wm_am_customize and I load Annotation, I see the default CoCreate frames. But if I load MM, then I see CoCreate frames and MM frames, and I think this is wrong because I've deleted wm_am_customize.

Also, if I delete am_customize and wm_am_customize from site and Modeling (there are no more am and wm_am files) and I load Annotation, I see the CoCreate frames too!!!! And if I load MM, I see CoCreate frames and MM frames!!!!

I don't know what is happening... could it be a bug? Or has anything changed in v14? Or have I a big error on my mind?

Another thing... this files work properly with version 13.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best regards,
Paco

Steve
10-19-2006, 12:09 PM
Hi Paco,

I got bit by this too when we went to 14. Finally I got someone from CoCreate to dial in with OneSpace.net and help me set it up.

One thing to note here: With version 14, any frames found in Model Manager are automatically loaded. So you don't have to (or rather it doesn't matter if you do or not) load sketches in your am_wm_customize file anymore - if you have sketches stored in MM, they will be loaded up when you launch MM.

Steve

fcoexposito
10-19-2006, 10:35 PM
Thanks a lot!!!!

For info, I've been told that you can input a line in the configuration xml file to disable automatically registering frames.

neilwightman
10-20-2006, 12:22 AM
FYI, The XML tag name in MM is different when you want to disable the auto registration of frames with Annotation or Drafting.

fcoexposito
10-20-2006, 12:24 AM
Could you tell me the xml tag for both???

Then I'll have the complete info :) :) :)

Thanks!

Steve
11-03-2006, 05:16 AM
For info, I've been told that you can input a line in the configuration xml file to disable automatically registering frames.

Yes, this is true, and this is just what I had to do. We had a lot of old "garbage" frames in our database that someone had put in long ago, and I did not want those showing up as choices for users.

Unfortunately, I've forgotten the code or where it goes to disable the auto-loading of frames.

You should call CoCreate Tech Support.

Steve

Steve
11-03-2006, 05:20 AM
Here was the answer I had received from tech support. You need to modifiy your wmconf.xml file.

Hello Steve,

I figured out how to use <FrameFilters> tags to control which frames are registered from the database.

In 14.00, all of the frames from all 6 languages are stored in the database. In the past, only the frames that matched the language of your database were stored in the database. In 14.00, we automatically register frames from the database into Annotation. In order prevent all the frames from all the languages from being registered, the lab set up some filtering routines that limit the registration.

The following filter is in the wmconf.xml file. If you have a frame with the same name but different languages, only the English frame will be allowed through. It will however let all frames through if there is only one with a given name.

<FrameFilters>
<LocaleFilter>
<FilterClass>com.osm.biz.util.FilterMultiLocaleKeepSpecifiedLocale</FilterClass>
<Index>1</Index>
<Parameters>
<Locale>en</Locale>
</Parameters>
</LocaleFilter>
</FrameFilters>

I wrote up the following xml tags that use a filter which will only allow certain names through.

<FrameFilters>
<LocaleFilter>
<FilterClass>com.osm.biz.util.FilterKeepSpecifiedName</FilterClass>
<Index>2</Index>
<Parameters>
<Name>devin</Name>
<Name>A</Name>
<Name>B</Name>
<Name>C</Name>
<Name>D</Name>
</Parameters>
</LocaleFilter>
</FrameFilters>

All the other language versions of the normal frames were removed by the first filter. This filter restricts it further so only A, B, C, and D of the normal frames are allowed through.

I have two frames ("devin" and "xxx_frame") that I stored to the database with the new Model Manager save frame option. I added the "devin" frame to the name list, so it was registered. I did not add the "xxx_frame" to the list, so it did not get registered.

I think you could use this example to limit the frames that get registered in Annotation.

I added a section from the XML section of the Model Manager Customization Guide the bottom of this letter.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you,

Devin

CoCreate Software Inc. http://www.cocreate.com/
Devin Gilliam
3801 Automation Way, Suite 110
Fort Collins, CO 80525, USA
Support_USA@CoCreate.com

fcoexposito
11-05-2006, 11:05 PM
Hello Steve,

thanks a lot for your help. I have no questions now!!

Best regards,
Paco