PDA

View Full Version : 2b font problem

kamazheng
09-16-2006, 07:56 PM
I am from China, use simplify chinese, there's a problem which variable I could use for the language set, chinese_s or zh_cn, I try chinese_s it could not work, the text can not show correct, and use zh_cn it's better, but still some of the words could not show correctly, the font is partically, not all of the font could work, and use zh_cn that could not use the 2B font set, why?

Who could help me figure it out?

I use winxp sp2 system, OSD 2006 version.

clausb
09-18-2006, 07:28 AM
zh_cn is not a locale name that OSDM recognizes as a multibyte character locale. In fact, it doesn't know about this locale at all. Hence, it's not too surprising that you cannot select a two-byte font.

Claus

kamazheng
09-19-2006, 02:55 AM
I found a way to solve the problem now, but not best.
First I use chinese_t set run OSDM, input the simplify chinese word (of course, it could not work well, rafferty), then I quit OSDM and use zh_cn set run OSDM, it does work now.
I think this must be a bug of OSDM.

clausb
09-19-2006, 03:54 AM
The standard version of OSDM as we ship it does not support Chinese; hence, it's not really a bug, only a limitation of the current version.

However, our partners at ECS (http://www.ecs-ap.com/) provide a version of OSDM which has been adapted to Chinese. You might want to contact them for configuration details.

Hope this helps,

Claus