PDA

View Full Version : Move Dimension Vertex

nan battaglia
07-13-2006, 07:57 AM
This used to be in the Modify Dimension menu, now it is with the Dimension Properties with the copilot. I can change dimension vertex with all dimensions except diameter and radius. Has anyone tried moving a radius vertex? All I can do is move the radius or diamter arrow inside or outside.
Does anyone have any ideas?

May Kung
07-13-2006, 10:41 AM
Are you using OSD14? On OSD13.2, I usually select the dimension and right click and bring up "Move Dimension and Vertex." I haven't had a chance to play with OSD14 (since we're not going to migrate :().

nan battaglia
07-13-2006, 11:10 AM
We are using OSD 14.00

tom kirkman
07-14-2006, 04:36 AM
The move dimension and vertex command is gone in 14.00. I agree, I miss being able to move the diameter dimension.

I will put a request into CoCreate.

Tom

Michael Kahle
07-14-2006, 05:07 AM
Command is still there, allthough it is no longer in the menue:

am_dim_vx_move_text

Mike Swartz
07-14-2006, 06:16 AM
Here is one way to make it easy to use this command.

While in Annotation, create a new toolbar button using the command am_dim_vx_move_text
Add this command to the PreSelection Dimension Context menu.

Now, if you select a radius or diameter dimension, use the Right Mouse Button, you can use move vertex command, and it works just like it did in previous versions. You just select the new diameter or radius to attach the old dimension to.

Gary L.
07-14-2006, 10:12 AM
FYI--

One thing to be aware of with the command "am_dim_vx_move_text" is that if you load a drawing and just use this command to modify a dimension the modify flag icon in the drawing browser will not show up, indicated the drawing has been modified. I have tested this both in 13.2 and 14 B. If you use the new method in 14 the flag shows up as expected.