PDA

View Full Version : G-code generator for ME10

Billm
06-15-2006, 09:59 AM
Hi All,
A few years back, I remember seeing a macro within ME10 that could generate G-code for some 2d CNC applications.

Does anybody know about this and is there a version available.

Thanks

Bill

bfisher
06-20-2006, 06:37 AM
Bill,

Just a "few" years back?? I think those macros went away with version 6 or so, but I know what you mean. There were at least three choices of output including CompactII and NC. That option was probably dropped because dxf and iges became the preferred method of transferring geometry. Good Luck.

Bruce

Mehmet Akyar
07-19-2006, 07:04 AM
Which 2D application you mean, something like flame cutting or wire erosion ?

Mehmet Akyar

Billm
07-20-2006, 12:16 PM
More for CNC mill applications. Give the cutter dia and path, then generate g-code for some xy cutting

MichaelA
07-31-2006, 10:09 AM
Bill,

I have a version of the old MECAM macros written many many years ago by someone at HP in the bay area. I have modified them to work on Windows machines (changed all the awk stuff to PERL) More than happy to email them to you with the caviate that you use at your own risk (send me a private message with your email if you don't want to post it for all to see). I know they worked in v8 and I believe v10 but not sure about any other version. There are some basic post processors in place that use PERL to convert the generic text files into G code. Obviously you will need to install PERL to get them to work, but that is free.

BTW, I also have a lathe version that I wrote for a friend with a 4 axis machine. It works but has some limitations (read this as you need to learn and understand its qwerks, which I don't know anymore as I don't use it).

Michael