PDA

View Full Version : Icon Sizing

rocketstephenson
05-12-2006, 01:57 AM
Hi,

I am using ME10 release 13.20 on Windows 2000.

How do I change the size of the Toolbar Command Icons?

Thanks
Ken

John Scheffel
05-12-2006, 08:31 AM
I searched around but couldn't find an easy way to change the size of all the icons from the UI or startup configuration. I thought there might be since there is a "Small Icons" option in Modeling.

The only way I found to do it in Drafting is to change the icons one at a time. If you right click on any Toolbar icon you can select "Edit Toolbar Item". In the Image box at the bottom select Edit. You then have two options.

You can change the size from the Size drop down, which attempts to map the current icon to more or less pixels. This works pretty well if you increase the size, but if you decrease the size the icon may become unrecognizable. In this case you might have to edit the pixels and save it, which would be time consuming.
You can also set the toolbar item to use a different icon file (usually a *.bmp bitmap file) which is larger or smaller. Click the Load button and select a file. The standard icons that come with Drafting are under the folder <install-dir>\icons\. There is a folder with 16x16 pixel icons and a folder with 24x24 pixel icons (the default), but they don't seem to contain all the same icons. So again you may end up creating some of your own icons.Probably not what you were hoping for, but the best answer I could find.