PDA

View Full Version : Save/Store With VIEWPORT_COLOR

pel
03-16-2006, 05:40 AM
Hi

Does anybody here now if it's possible to store a drawing in ver 13.20 with a different VIEWPORT_COLOR. I want to save an mi file with White background to be used as an object in Word.

Regards PEL

John Scheffel
03-16-2006, 11:12 AM
I don't think you can save the viewport color to an MI file because it is an attribute of the user interface, not the drawing itself.

However, if you want to get a white background into Word, the best way is to print the drawing to the clipboard (choose MSWINDOW_EMF_CLIPBOARD as the Printer Name). This has the advantage of creating a drawing image which uses all the currently selected Print settings, including transformations for line thickness and color. You can then Paste the image into Word, but you may need to use Paste Special and select one of the Picture formats.

You can also Copy and Paste from the Drafting viewport into Word, but I think by default this will give you a black background. If you want to use this method you might want to issue these commands.

CLIPBOARD_GLOBAL_SEL ON
CLIPBOARD_INVERSE_BW ON

The first will allow the Copy command to select anything in the viewport, not just the current part. The second will invert white and black, so the black background becomes white and the white lines become black in the Pasted image.

pel
03-17-2006, 04:29 AM
I was afraid of that this was the only solution. I've tried that, and that works fine, but if i could use it in word as an objekt (MI-File). I would then be able to edit it from Word. And it would not be some 'dead' geometry, where i had to tranlate it every time it was changed. And also if the mi-file is changed on the file system, it would automatic update, when i open the word dokument.
That's why i wonder that it's not possible ?

stefano_ME30
03-17-2006, 06:36 AM
I was afraid of that this was the only solution. I've tried that, and that works fine, but if i could use it in word as an objekt (MI-File). I would then be able to edit it from Word. And it would not be some 'dead' geometry, where i had to tranlate it every time it was changed. And also if the mi-file is changed on the file system, it would automatic update, when i open the word dokument.
That's why i wonder that it's not possible ?

From Word side use "insert" "object" "ME10 document" it will start ME10 where you can load/create the drawing at the end use (in ME10 side) under "file" the last "exit and return to document" answere "yes" at the request of updating document.
You will have a live drawing in word (actually it will start an ME10 session by doble clicching on the drawing) around "automatic update" I cannot believe it would be possible.

Stefano

pel
03-21-2006, 03:02 AM
Hi Stefano

It is exactly what i'm doing today. And it works fine, but i'm asking if it's possible to get the mi-file in with White background, and not the default black.

Regards Pel

John Scheffel
03-21-2006, 08:04 AM
Since Word is starting Drafting in the background, maybe you could get the white background in Word by changing the background color in one of your startup files. You could insert the command

CHANGE_VIEWPORT_COLOR WHITE

into one of these files. If you don't have any custom startup files, you can add it to the customize.m file under the main Drafting folder. Usually C:\Program Files\CoCreate\OSD_Drafting_xx.xx.

pel
05-21-2006, 10:38 PM
Thank you John
If i put CHANGE_VIEWPORT_COLOR WHITE into one off the start files, it's working. Now i just have to figure out how to make it optional.
Regards pel

John van Doorn
05-23-2006, 03:54 AM
Hi Pel,

If you are using a white viewport color, you might also consider to use
screen_transformation
With this command you can change your display of the white lines to black without actually changing the drawing color. In this way "normal" users are still getting the original unchanged drawing.

CHANGE_VIEWPORT_COLOR WHITE
SCREEN_TRANSFORMATION ALL white SAME black

Kind Regards,
John van Doorn