PDA

View Full Version : What standard do you use?

Michael Kahle
03-10-2006, 06:46 AM
Hello,

when you are doing drawings, which standard do you use most often?

andrea
03-10-2006, 07:03 AM
and if one uses a personalized format?

Michael Kahle
03-10-2006, 07:06 AM
If it's based and beneath on one of the above, vote for it.
If it's far away from anything known, keep it your own secret ;-)

May Kung
03-10-2006, 09:17 AM
All our drawings use a frame which says to interpret per ANSI Y14.5M 1994, so nominally we "use ANSI." In reality, it's rather hit-or-miss. I've seen some drawings make dimensions basic (i.e. with a box around it) not because they really *are* basic, but to "emphasize these are important dimensions."

I suspect many places are like this unless there's someone actually strictly enforcing standards.

Steve
03-13-2006, 09:56 AM
Yup - what May said.

Every place I've ever worked at has a boilerplate "ANSI" note on the drawing, but drawings seldom are strictly to ANSI standards.

Steve

Mike Swartz
03-13-2006, 01:56 PM
If you use ANSI or ASME as a starting point, select ANSI
We realize that most companies have their own drafting practices, but usually they were developed from one of the recognized standards

The purpose of this poll, is to show CoCreate that there are many users out there who would appreciate FULL support for standards other than DIN

Michael Kahle
03-14-2006, 01:47 AM
Well, wouldn't say DIN is FULL supported...

What features are you missing most? What settings needed to be adapted?

Steve
03-15-2006, 12:19 PM
The purpose of this poll, is to show CoCreate that there are many users out there who would appreciate FULL support for standards other than DIN

LOL all 17 or so of us? :)

My understanding is that CoCreate's largest markets were outside of the USA. Is this still true?

Steve