PDA

View Full Version : Copy view

fcoexposito
03-09-2006, 07:24 AM
I need two general views in the same position and correctly linked to the viewset.
Is there any way to do a copy of a general view or must I create both? (If I use Edit ->Copy, only a sketch is created).

Thanks.

M.Fitzpatrick
08-06-2007, 05:02 AM
Bump...any answer for this? I would like to do the same, removing some parts on one view for a clearer picture. Again this is for general views.

M.Fitzpatrick

M.Fitzpatrick
08-06-2007, 05:27 AM
OK I was able to just create another general view using the same direction as the view UI had just previously created (right click in direction bar and select the previous direction numbers). However if I exit SD and then want to create a copy of a general view how could I do that since my history of the first view wouldn't be in my memory for the right click option to work.

Is there a way I could look up the other views properties that would show me the direction in which it was previously created?

Mark

John Scheffel
08-06-2007, 08:37 AM
I don't know if this will do exactly what you want, but you might try creating a dependent general view (Dep General in menu) from the general view you wish to duplicate. I tried this and it seems to default to the same view direction as the selected Parent View.

M.Fitzpatrick
08-06-2007, 09:01 AM
I don't know if this will do exactly what you want, but you might try creating a dependent general view (Dep General in menu) from the general view you wish to duplicate. I tried this and it seems to default to the same view direction as the selected Parent View.

I looked for create dependent general view in the create view menu and I don't see it anywhere. Where might it be? I am using 13.01.

Thanks,
Mark

John Scheffel
08-06-2007, 10:11 AM
I looked for create dependent general view in the create view menu and I don't see it anywhere. Where might it be? I am using 13.01.
I checked version 13.20 and it doesn't seem to have this feature. It is in version 14.50 and 15.00. Not sure in which version it was added.

Gary Brauch
08-06-2007, 11:25 AM
You can do this by turning on the workplanes that are in the viewset.
Once these are on, you can select the viewset for your existing general view and it will align per that viewset which will give you an exact duplicate of the first one.
See the attached picture to see how to turn it on.
Gary.

Wolfgang
08-06-2007, 12:56 PM
Switching on workplanes of the view set existing is one possibility (+ using the command view VP in direction of WP -> the general view)

Another one is in structure browser again: on a view selected use RightMouseButton + "View in this direction". But I'm not sure whether this one is available in 13.01.