PDA

View Full Version : Dispatcher want start!

robban
10-27-2002, 09:54 AM
When I try to start Dispatcher I just get a blip on the screen!
That’s it! Any suggestions why? I have OSD 11.6 and the same problem on 2 computers!

Michel Gendron
10-30-2002, 10:08 AM
Hi,
I double clic on <sd>/personality/dispatcher/dispatcher.exe and My one start well. I using windows 2000 with Java 2 (1.4) plug-ins

Do you have any problem with the new Java help?

Which OS do you use? (XP, HP-UX...)

Hope that help.

Michel

robban
10-30-2002, 12:01 PM
Hi!

I try to start it the same way!

howe do I know if I use java help?

I have win 2k prof

Robert

Michel Gendron
10-30-2002, 12:14 PM
I'm not sure which version you need, but I'm pretty sure that will be the same than the one for the Java help. Do you have access to the "on product" help in OneSpace Designer? They run the html page on the right, and a search engine on the left...

robban
10-30-2002, 12:36 PM
I can access "on product" help
but I dont have any search engine on the left...

robert

Michel Gendron
10-30-2002, 12:49 PM
On my one, it was installed in my program file. If you're using Nestcape 6 or 7 it suppose to install it automatically.

I'm not sure if your problem is related to the java plug-ins, but it seem. I suggest you to install the latest sun java plug-in
Java plug-in (http://java.sun.com/getjava/download.html)

You may can your cocreate support if that doesn't solve the problem.

Hope that help

John Scheffel
10-30-2002, 03:27 PM
I'm not sure what the relationship between Dispatcher and Java Help is, but you won't get Java Help unless you install the Personal Collaboration package on top of your Modeling installation. The Java help requires the java startup wrapper used for PCS. Without this, Help On Product takes you to the same web page it always has. Dispatcher has been around for several revs, so I don't think java help is required to use it.

clausb
11-13-2002, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by John Scheffel
I'm not sure what the relationship between Dispatcher and Java Help is, but you won't get Java Help unless you install the Personal Collaboration package on top of your Modeling installation.

On HP-UX systems, you will have to install the Java run-time environment before running the Dispatcher. See the online help information for details. On Windows systems, you shouldn't need to install anything.

To start the dispatcher, use the "startDispatcher" shortcut in the "binNT" subdirectory.

Hope this helps,

Claus

robban
01-31-2003, 01:18 AM
After installing the latest sun java plug-in the problem is the same!
When I try to start dispather all I get is a blip on the screen!
any suggestions?

Robban

fabrizio
01-31-2003, 07:37 AM
Robban,
I guess the blip you see is the OS command shell that appears and then disappears immediately since for some reason the Dispatcher terminates immediatly. Hopefully, the Dispatcher should print on stderr an error message explaining the reason it's not able to start. Such msg should be printed on the calling command shell, but if you start the dispatcher this way, the shell disappears immediatly and you aren't able to read the error msg.
A way to read an eventual error message should be:
1- Launch a command shell from the start menu
2- Change to $OSDDIR\personality\Dispatch\bin
3- Type Dispatcher.exe
In this way you should be able the error msg in your shell. Please, report on the forum this error msg if you find it, it could be helpful to better understand the problem.

Fabrizio