PDA

View Full Version : Error saving in MM

fcoexposito
02-20-2006, 02:20 AM
I have a problem when I try to save a drawing in MM. The error is:

This drawing was generated from a model stored into another database. Please save the model to this database and 'force' update the viewsets before attempting to save the drawing.

If there is no model, how can I save the drawing in MM?

Thanks a lot

dszostak
02-21-2006, 07:09 AM
On this topic specifically... I would recommend calling CoCreate Customer Support.

What is... CoCreate Customer Support (http://www.cocreate.com/cust_support.cfm)
How to contact... CoCreate Customer Support (http://www.cocreate.com/contact_support.cfm)

Calling CoCreate Customer Support will help us understand if this is a minor defect in Model Manager. Thank you for your help.

alexniccoli
03-09-2006, 02:17 AM
Hi dszostak
I think that too many times you ask to contact cocreate support.
In this case,i think, that CoCreate User Forum Community can help solving this
problem that is not about customization or development but is about how to use
Cocreare cad and PDM
If you want i can speak about my experience with CoCreate Support(send private e-mail please).

Alessandro Niccoli

dszostak
03-09-2006, 06:26 AM
Not a problem and good points.

In this situation though, it seemed to be an issue with Model Manager - not the user steps.

May Kung
03-09-2006, 08:44 AM
I have a problem when I try to save a drawing in MM. The error is:

This drawing was generated from a model stored into another database. Please save the model to this database and 'force' update the viewsets before attempting to save the drawing.

If there is no model, how can I save the drawing in MM?

Thanks a lot
While I think you need to contact Support about the specific error message and how to resolve it, we often need to save 2D files into Model Manager for which there is no corresponding 3D model (e.g. drawing trees or schematics). Note that these do not have 2D views, so I don't know if the same technique will work for you, but you're welcome to try.

I'd try saving out the drawing as individual Sheets and then recombining them into a new multi-sheet drawing in Annotation (using Import 2D). I do this whenever I need to assign a new SysID to a 2D file for uploading into MM. This might be enough to try trick MM into accepting your 2D. I'd still be worried about the underlying error message that's coming up, since it might be a symptom of a bigger problem, but this might be a workaround to use until the error is fixed.

Steve
03-09-2006, 10:47 AM
The CoCreate tech support is excellent, so I don't hesitate to call them - after all you are paying for support. It's especially cool when they use the collaboration tool to be able to witness problems real-time, instead of having to describe it through emails or phone calls.

Steve