PDA

View Full Version : How to obtain last generated object using LISP?

VINIT
12-11-2005, 09:35 PM
ANNOTATION MODULE

My program takes some input and draws a circle based on that input. Now I want to select that last generated entity using lisp without user intervention. This will help me to find the center point of that circle as well as radius value.

Is there a LISP function to retrieve that last generated entity in Annotation Module?. If yes, which one and how to use it ?

Regards,
Vinit

clausb
12-11-2005, 11:26 PM
I'm not aware of such a function (which does not mean that it doesn't exist), but why would you need that? If your program creates the geometry object, you probably already have a handle to it anyway, right?

Claus

VINIT
12-11-2005, 11:33 PM
I'm not aware of such a function (which does not mean that it doesn't exist), but why would you need that? If your program creates the geometry object, you probably already have a handle to it anyway, right?

Claus
Dear Claus,

Actually I am developing a program where user inputs must be minimal. Let's consider the circle example with TANBY2 example. User specifies two edges and diameter of circle. The circle is drawn. Now it needs to be dimensioned. I need to select the las drawn circle automatically without user input using LISP. I want to process this object for dimensioning the radius and center point. So How do I select the circle automatically without user input through LISP.? Please suggest.

clausb
12-12-2005, 05:28 AM
I'm not sure if there is an inquiry just like the one you describe. I guess you'll need an Annotation expert for this. (I'm assuming here that we're talking about 2D geometry in Annotation.)

Claus

clausb
02-12-2006, 10:39 AM
Is there a LISP function to retrieve that last generated entity in Annotation Module?. If yes, which one and how to use it ?

Many commands in OSDM return a SEL_ITEM (or list of SEL_ITEMs) which describes which entities were created. Use sd-call-cmds to get the return value of a command (see the IKIT docs for details).

HTH,

Claus