PDA

View Full Version : Verify removed entities

bdining
11-04-2005, 08:24 AM
Here is the setup:

I have a variable allowing for the selection of multiple faces.

I execute the offset function and during this process some of the faces from the original selection set are eliminated.

When I try to run an additional command on the selected faces the system locks because some of the original faces are missing.

How can I modify the original Selection list or create a new list with only the remaining faces without picking them again before executing another process within the same function?

(setf newlist (list))
(dolist
(obj1 original-list)
(when (sd-face-p (SD-INQ-FACE-GEO obj1 :dest-space :global))
(push obj1 newlist)
)
(display (length newlist))
)

The count is the same because it is analyzing the original list even though some of the faces were eliminated.

Thanks
Bill

dorothea
11-06-2005, 10:12 PM
Hello Bill,

I have a variable allowing for the selection of multiple faces.

I execute the offset function and during this process some of the faces from the original selection set are eliminated.

This is exatly the reason why we always say that it's not allowed to store any sel_items (in your case the face selection) in a variable and access this list after a modeling operation (in your case offset). The pointer might change.

A workaround could be to store all the face pointer before performing the operation in a user defined feature. This is only working for inner part modifications but should be ok with offset command. After the operation inquire the references from the feature. These are then the correct pointers.

Hope this helps!
Dorothea