PDA

View Full Version : ME10, dongles and Win2000

magene
11-03-2005, 08:17 PM
Admin Note: Moved from "Web Site and Forum Info" since this is an ME10 specific question and it should get better visibility here.

I had a very old version of ME10 8.7 with a security dongle running on my Windows 2000 computer for handling legacy files. The hard disk crashed recently and I'm having trouble getting the reinstall to find the dongle.

I've reinstalled ME 10 V8.7. I ran the install.bat file in the program files\CoCreate\ME10\sentinel\WIN_NT subdirectory and the sentinel driver seems to have installed successfully. Unfortunately, when I run ME10 I get the "please connect security device" message.

Does anyone remember what I have to do to get ME 10 running again with a dongle on W2000?

Thanks for any help

John Scheffel
11-04-2005, 01:08 PM
It's been a long time, but I believe you need to edit the MEDIR\passwords file and add a line similar to the following.

PASSWORD 'dddddddddddddddd'

replacing the 'd...d' string with your license number.

magene
11-06-2005, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the suggestion but I've loaded ME10, installed the sentinel driver and put my old password file in the ME10 directory. I'm thinking there is some other step to make W2000 aware of the driver that I can't remember.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks - Gene

GiorgioL
11-06-2005, 10:15 PM
I use sentinel dongle (Rainbow SuperPro version) on XPpro SP2 PC. I suggest you to run the SetupSysDriver program (in the sentinel directory) and try to change the configuration (Configuration Driver button) as shown in the image.
After you change the settings wait 30s before to test the program.

Regards. GiorgioL