PDA

View Full Version : Autocad linetypes revisited

hgn98009
10-28-2005, 12:20 AM
Hi, I am trying to help about 60 ME10 users spread into a number of different departments and buildings. It works really well most of the time. Recently, however they have started to import more and more subparts drawn in autocad into their assemblies. That works nicely except that they get the subparts from a number of different suppliers that have different names on their linetypes.
We have a system were all drawings saved into workmanager get a view document (pdf) which is produced automatically by ME10 on a hpux machine. The automatic plotting doesn't work on drawings with unknown line types.

I have been thinking of three different ways to fix this.

1. Tell dxfdwg how to set all dashed lines to DASHED regardless of what they are called in the dwg/dxf file etc.

2. Have a macro that can change all lines drawn with a certain linetype into another linetype.

3. Change the plot function so that it stops asking for pattern lengths. We are plotting in batch mode so nobody is there to answer the questions.

Any ideas?

John Scheffel
10-31-2005, 08:22 AM
You might want to take a look at the DWG/DXF Translator Manual. It should be on your Drafting install CD. You can modify the line mapping from the DXFDWG.con file. See the Configuration section of the manual for details.