PDA

View Full Version : No Undo

Mad_Scientist
10-13-2005, 06:17 AM
Why can't there be an undo command in the annotation module? You would think that with all the thousands of dollars a company spends, per seat of this program, Cocreate would atleast have a simple undo command. This program just continues to boggle my mind!:mad:

tom kirkman
10-13-2005, 06:50 AM
I agree. Rumor has it that with the re-writing of the code in V14 that undo will be included in Annotation. Let's hope so.

Tom

John Scheffel
10-13-2005, 10:32 AM
This has been the top enhancement request for many years. CoCreate's response has been that it will require a major overhaul of the old ME10 kernel (which never had Undo) on which Annotation is built. Not that they won't ever do it, but up until now their resources were focused on other issues and enhancements. Hopefully the rumor is true and they will finally add it to version 14. I have heard that the focus for v14 is Annotation.

Steve
10-13-2005, 04:12 PM
Heh, don't feel bad, Pro/E didn't have an undo for years! :)

Don't make mistakes! :)

Seriously, I hardly ever find myself missing an undo in Annotation. In fact, until I read this thread, I didn't even know it wasn't available (I use it all the time in modeling). You can undelete things if you need to.

Steve

Michael Kahle
10-14-2005, 12:08 AM
Unfortunatly rumor is wrong - at least for 14.00...