PDA

View Full Version : mixed interface

cadsoop
08-29-2005, 03:12 PM
Some time ago I called support to get the information needed to get my user interface to be mixed, classic and new. They said to add something to my 'customize file located under the me10 folder. I thought it was something like 'startup_menu'? I tried that but that was not it. Anyone out there remember what I am missing.

Please help!!!

Thom Ivancso
08-29-2005, 06:42 PM
First thing you need to do if you want to use what was called the Hybrid UI, is to startup OSDD with the Windows UI and turn off the right side menus. Exit OSDD and then add the following code to either the customize.m file or your customize file

startup_menus

DEFINE reset_viewport_1
inq_env 10
let a (inq 102)
inq_menu 'Sm_create_1'
inq_env 10
let b (inq 102)
change_viewport_size (pnt_xy 0 0) (pnt_xy (x_of b-350) (y_of a))
END_DEFINE

reset_viewport_1

Restart OSDD and now you should see the Classic UI right side menus inside the Windows UI. You may need to change the b-350 to a number that allows the Veiwport 1 windows to fit correctly.

hth
Cheers,
Thom

John Scheffel
08-30-2005, 10:04 AM
Which version of ME10/Drafting are you running?

The early ME10 for Windows did not support mixed mode. I think it was introduced in version 9, but you had to load the Classic menus from macro code as indicated by Thom. The implementation was a little crude but it worked.

Newer versions (I think 11.6 and higher) include the improved "Mixed" UI which provides both Windows toolbars and Classic two menus. Standard installation of these newer versions should create a button in the Start menu to start Drafting in Mixed mode. Or you can use a command line option to start mixed mode to start in mixed mode. For example:

me10.exe -pelook 3