PDA

View Full Version : View Positioning Strategy

Gary L.
08-08-2005, 04:32 AM
Can anyone provide the command to place in am_customize to set the View Positioning Strategy to "Geometry Position"?

Thanks, Gary

John Scheffel
08-08-2005, 08:23 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by "Geometry Position". Can you provide details on where this setting is located in the user interface?

Whatever it is, you may be able to determine the command using the unsupported Recorder goodie. On the user input line enter (load "recorder"). This should add a button to the Toolbox that will open the recorder dialog. Set a file name, Start the recorder, change the setting from the UI, then Stop the recorder. Open the recorded file in a text editor and you may see the command that makes the setting.

Gary L.
08-08-2005, 08:50 AM
To modify an existing view the command is on the View-Settings menu. If you do a record on this command it just shows how to modify an existing view. I want to set the default at startup.

Gary

Thom Ivancso
08-08-2005, 12:27 PM
Hello Gary,

If I understand what you are looking for it is in reference to how details are positioned in relation to the parent view.

If this is correct then there is a switch within the am_customize file that you can set for startup.

Inside your am_customize file look for the following line.

(AM_DEFAULT_VIEW_POSITIONING :VIEW_CENTER) ;; :GEOMETRY/:VIEW_CENTER

(Note: do not alter the am_customize file in the OSDM install directory make a copy of this file and call the changed copy version)

Just set :VIEW_CENTER to :GEOMETRY.

hth

Cheers
Thom

Gary L.
08-09-2005, 03:58 AM
Thanks! This is what I needed.

Gary