PDA

View Full Version : Problem with ballons on annotation

alexniccoli
07-21-2005, 08:03 AM
Hi all
I have a problem with ballons on annotation.
If i pass Consolidated Bom to Annotation from Model manager, and i create
bom flag from geometry and i touch some parts on drawing, annotation tell me
message 223:57
"There is no related BOM entry."

any help?
thanks
Alessandro Niccoli

alexniccoli
07-25-2005, 12:37 AM
Another details:
1-I have created a new attribute into WM_ELE_LINKS (BOM_NOTE).
2-I have a server with pure CoCreate environment and another with customization(java code and classes).In the customized environment i use Desktop Schema(me_drawing,sd_drawing,me_model).I compare files that model manager pass to Annotation(init.bom,bom.bom,head.bom) inside this two environment.
In the customized environment there are more attributes.
I think that important attribute are:
ELID,LINK_REF,POS,PARENT_ELEMENT
that are correctly passed.

smerrill
07-24-2006, 08:33 AM
Make sure the model has a masterdata. If not create a new part(parent)
under add new.

Henk Stokkel
07-24-2006, 10:13 PM
Alessandro,

You can probely tries to put a balloon to a subpart, we have that problem too, we use than tabel instead of geometry to put the balloon to the right parts.

Succes

Henk Stokkel

neilwightman
09-27-2006, 02:44 AM
Hi alexniccoli

The error message "There is no related BOM entry" is commonly caused by using the 2D3DSave but it can occur through normal use.

The best way to fix this is to load the Assembly and the Drawing and do a "force update" of the drawing. The issue comes from the fact the Drawing does not know the Masterdata information. This information is transferred from the Models to the Drawing when the views are updated.

You can reproduce the issue by creating a new Model, create a Drawing from it and save the Model then Drawing. The Drawing does not then know about the Models ELIDs.

To do this correctly and bypass the issue, its best to, create a Model, create a Drawing with some views, but dont update them yet. Save the Model. Then update the views (which transfers the Model information) then you can save the Drawing and you should not get this error.

alexniccoli
10-12-2006, 03:39 AM
Hi neilwightman
Thanks a lot.That is ok.I have a question For you that is related to BOM
management.In your PDM database you have more than one Masterdata classes ($PARTDESC type classes)?

Thanks
Alessandro