PDA

View Full Version : Association loss

M.Fitzpatrick
06-03-2005, 04:50 AM
OK yesterday I was updating some dwg's and when I loaded solid with dwg the association was gone. I reattached the views and proceeded. Today as I was working on another dwg the dwg became unassociated as I was working on it. I had updated it fine then deleted some views and next thing I know it wasn't associated anymore. I said I'll just reload and start over since I hadn't saved anything. I tried twice to reload the dwg and each time it came in unassociated. I rebooted SD and then loaded the solid and dwg and all was fine. Has anyone else experienced this disassociation between models and dwgs? Cause?
Thanks,
Mark

BTW I still don't like the new version at all.

clausb
06-03-2005, 07:48 AM
I tried twice to reload the dwg and each time it came in unassociated. I rebooted SD and then loaded the solid and dwg and all was fine.

So maybe the reason for losing the associativity wasn't in the drawing, but in the 3D model (which you didn't reload in the first step of your tests).

Claus

M.Fitzpatrick
06-03-2005, 08:03 AM
Why would I have had to reload the model? Nothing was changed with it in the coarse of what I was doing.
Mark

clausb
06-03-2005, 08:10 AM
I don't really know - I was just trying to form a first hypothesis from your observations:

Reloading just the drawing does not fix the problem
(Restarting and) loading both the 3D model and the drawing fixes the problem

Claus

M.Fitzpatrick
06-03-2005, 08:45 AM
When I first loaded the model and drawing all was fine, I updated ok too. Then after I deleted a couple detail views and went to update I noticed the associativity was lost. That is all I did, really, nothing more. Not sure why either, was wondering if anyone else had similar problems.
Mark

Steve
06-09-2005, 01:40 PM
Obvious question here, but I'll ask anyway: You didn't save the drawing and forget to save the model, did you?

Steve

M.Fitzpatrick
06-17-2005, 06:22 AM
When I first loaded the model and drawing all was fine, I updated ok too. Then after I deleted a couple detail views and went to update I noticed the associativity was lost. That is all I did, really, nothing more. Not sure why either, was wondering if anyone else had similar problems.
Mark

Nope it was associative to start and lost it after I deleted two detail views.
Wierd.
Mark