PDA

View Full Version : Using Menu Layout from Designer Drafting 11.##

pcushion
05-31-2005, 10:01 AM
I have just installed ver. 13.01 and would like to use the menu layout from ver. 11.06, and still retain the new customizations.
So far, after loading my menu layout from v11.06, I cannot display any icon alone, or with text.

Is it possible. :confused:

Thanks.
Paul.

John Scheffel
06-01-2005, 08:14 AM
You might want to provide some more detail, I'm not sure what you are asking. Since you are talking about icons I assume you are using the Windows user interface, not the Classic UI. In the Windows UI most of the menus are actually Toolbars. You can find the name of a Toolbar under Setup, Customize, Customize Layout. What is the name of the Toolbar that you customize?

pcushion
06-01-2005, 09:09 AM
Hi John,

In the Windows version of 11.06, I was able to save my customized menus layout.
To use this layout that I am familiar with, I loaded the layout file "layout.m" in ver.13.01, and it gave me exactly what I was looking for.
However, when I went to apply some of the special features that 13 has (text and icons on the right hand side menu's instead of just text), the special features did not work.
It must have something to do with how 'layout.m' was created between 11.06 and 13.01.

John Scheffel
06-02-2005, 12:42 PM
OK, I think I understand but don't have an answer for you. I would guess that the version 11 layout.m file doesn't contain any information about the location of the icons used in the version 13 menus, so the Icon options will not work. Probably the only solution is to rename your current layout.m file, start Drafting, then recreate the menus in v13.