PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Annotator

nan battaglia
05-24-2005, 12:16 PM
I've got a 4 sheet drawing that I'm trying to update. I was able to update the first sheet and it's views, but now when I try to update a view on any other sheet it doesn't work. The command to update comes up and I select the view and then select OK and nothing happens, like the command became inactive. I don't know if there is something wrong with the view or the program. The views are expolded views that were created from an assembly package that was loaded from Model Manager. Anyone have an idea of what might be going on?
Thanks................

clausb
05-24-2005, 12:59 PM
Maybe the views have lost their connection to the 3D model. The drawing browser displays such views in red.

Claus

nan battaglia
05-24-2005, 01:27 PM
I figured out that if Model Manager is running then all of the parts of the assembly must be RESERVED before Formations and view updating will perform properly. After all parts are reserved. I'm able to update the corresponding views.

nan battaglia
05-24-2005, 01:29 PM
Claus, the browser showed all views in cyan, so the associativity connections were still valid.

Steve
05-26-2005, 08:20 AM
I have seen this problem also. I finally traced it down to a corrupt formation. I cannot remember the error any more, but if I remember correctly when I tried to delete, copy, or modify the formation that that drawing view was using, it would generate an error. I ultimately tracked it down to a corrupt piece of geometry in that view.

Wish I could remember more specifics.

Steve