PDA

View Full Version : Reserving all parts in an Assembly at once

nan battaglia
05-20-2005, 04:01 PM
When I reserve an assembly into my working packet, why is it that not all of it's parts are reserved when I load the assembly? This is very frustrating when working with formations. All parts have to be reserved when using formations. If your assembly has over 100 parts, you have to expand the assembly in the structure browser and then go down and select those parts that aren't reserved, it's very time consuming.
Any ideas out there?
Thanks

tom kirkman
05-23-2005, 07:48 AM
Nan

We have added the following command to our customizations. This will reserve all parts under a selected assembly. I hope this helps.

Tom

"ndm_reserve :objects :start :recursive :in_assembly"

May Kung
05-23-2005, 09:25 AM
Tom, what happens if you are unable to reserve one of the child parts? Do you get an error message? Does the command fail? And does this reserve grandchildren and not just children parts? Some users were requesting this, so this behavior might be quite useful.

tom kirkman
05-23-2005, 09:32 AM
If parts are reserved by someone else, you will get an error message indicating this. However; the command will continue on to reserve all of the remaining parts.

All parts in an asembly including parts in sub assemblies are reserved.

Tom

dszostak
05-23-2005, 01:20 PM
To reserve an assembly and all its children in MM's Workspace...
Expand All the entire assembly, mulit-select all the children and then right-click Reserve.

Rara
07-05-2005, 11:27 PM
"ndm_reserve :objects :start :recursive :in_assembly"

Where should this line be added and does this also count for unreserving (ndm_unreserve) all parts in an assembly?

tom kirkman
07-06-2005, 04:10 AM
I added this as a custom command. See the attached view.

Thanks

Tom

Rara
07-06-2005, 10:27 PM
Thanks Tom. You use it as a custom Soliddesigner command. The questioner was speaking about reserving a complete assembly in Modelmanager. Any suggestions on this one?