PDA

View Full Version : hp9000 workstation j5000

katana82
05-18-2005, 05:22 AM
Hi
anybody know if i can install ME10 on HP9000 j5000 workstation
with hpux 11i.

and

using ME10 on hpux workstation, the resolution is better compare to the same monitor
connect to PC (pentium 4), can i do something to make it better on pc?

thank you

Luc

clausb
05-18-2005, 10:47 AM
On the monitor question: Is the quality bad, or are you really talking about the video (pixel) resolution? If it's the latter: If the video resolution on the PC is lower, try to change it in the display settings. Make sure that the right video driver is installed on the PC. Check if the system has detected the type of monitor correctly (Display Settings/Advanced/Monitor). If all that doesn't help, check if the video card supports the video resolution you want to have. If not, try a more recent driver (which might add that resolution) or consider purchasing a new card.

HTH,

Claus

John Scheffel
05-18-2005, 03:29 PM
You don't mention what type of monitor you are using, but if it is LCD it is very important that you set the resolution output by the PC to match the native resolution of the monitor. Otherwise the picture will look soft and blurry.

clausb
05-18-2005, 10:02 PM
Hi
anybody know if i can install ME10 on HP9000 j5000 workstation
with hpux 11i.

This depends on the version of ME10/OSDD you want to use. See the OSDD system requirements at http://apps.cocreate.com/osdd/osdd_hpux.html for more details.

Claus