PDA

View Full Version : How to chage spacer to enter?

HENRYLIANG
04-21-2005, 08:58 PM
Do we change "spacer" to "enter" like Autocad? "Spacer" key is same as "enter" key in Autocad. Who can help to define "spacer" key again?

John Scheffel
04-22-2005, 12:58 PM
By "spacer" do you mean the "Space Bar" (really wide key in center of bottom keyboard row)?

I don't know if this is possible, but you might want to look at the DEFINE_KEY command (Help, Program Reg Guide). However, if this works I don't know how you will enter spaces in text strings.

HENRYLIANG
04-24-2005, 05:28 PM
The function of space bar is same as enter bar only in command line. If so, I can use keyboard shortcuts like Autocad.

John Scheffel
04-25-2005, 10:41 AM
I'm not sure I understand what you want to do. If you could provide a more detailed explanation of how AutoCAD works and what you want Drafting to do, it might help.

Do you want the Space bar to have the same function as the Enter key on the Command line? If you accomplish this, how can you type spaces on the command line? How do you enter spaces on the command line in AutoCAD?

Lim Chee Beng
04-25-2005, 10:31 PM
AutoCAD allows users to press either <space> bar or <enter> key to enter a command. It's also smart enough to accept <space> bar hit as space character when it's at text entering mode. This is pretty handy for the users familiar with the AutoCAD in DOS environment key in method.
However, I agree with John, this is pretty difficult to establish in OSD Modeling existing situation and environment. This is because space character will be used as part of command at any time in OSDM. It's difficult to tell when is space and when is enter in OSDM. :D

Teh Tiack Ein
05-24-2005, 10:17 PM
Do we change "spacer" to "enter" like Autocad? "Spacer" key is same as "enter" key in Autocad. Who can help to define "spacer" key again?

If you are trying to customize your keyboard to be <space> bar equal to <enter> key, I would advise you not to do that. Treat both keys as separate functions in ME10. Frequently, <space> bar uses for multiple input values for a function. <Enter> key uses for execution.

For instance, you can create multiple "Vertical Contruction Line" by using <space> bar as below.

0<space>20<space>40<space>60<space>80