05-25-2005, 06:51 PM
Can OSDD 2005 be installed in the same way as shown in the Modeling thread
Network installation of OSD Modeling.

http://www.cocreateusers.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5376

Thanks in advance

Cheers
Thom

Yes, you can. Thom!

Attached file is the MSI codes you can use for Drafting_13.01_win.exe program.

For instance, code below gives you quick and silence mode Drafting 13.01 installation.

Drafting_13.01_win exe /s /v/qn

John Scheffel
06-02-2005, 03:40 PM
I have been doing some testing of this. If you must add more parameters to the install command, you must enclose them in double quotes as shown in the Modeling thread on this topic. For example, if you want to specify the license server and install path, you would use something similar to:

Drafting_13.20_win.exe /s /v"/qb-! INSTALLDIR=D:\CoCreate\OSD_Drafting_13.20 MELS=server.hostname"

The /qb-! option will display a Basic UI during installation so the user can see the install progress, but does not provide Cancel buttons. This is the option I'm thinking of using so the users get feedback that something is happening, but cannot cancel the installation.

I have run into one question. During the normal Drafting install there is a point where you enter your name and company info and have the option:

Install this application for:
- Anyone who uses this computer (all users)
- Only for me (your name)

It seems to default to "Only for me". Is there a property that can be set in the command line to make it "Anyone..."?

John Scheffel
06-15-2005, 01:03 PM
Another question. Does anyone know how to get a list of the ADDLOCAL options for Drafting, similar to the options listed in the Modeling thread on this topic? I need to know how to set the language options for Drafting.

joerg
06-15-2005, 01:40 PM
I have run into one question. During the normal Drafting install there is a point where you enter your name and company info and have the option:

Install this application for:
- Anyone who used this computer (all users)
- Only for me (your name)

It seems to default to "Only for me". Is there a property that can be set in the command line to make it "Anyone..."?

This behavior can be controlled using the standard msi property "ALLUSERS".
For details see http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/msi/setup/allusers.asp

John Scheffel
06-16-2005, 09:54 AM
Thanks joerg, I will give that a try.

Does anyone know how to control the installation language? In Agilent most of our users want to install the English UI even if they have another language "system locale" setup in Windows. It seems that the default MSI installation will automatically set the language based on the system locale.

John Scheffel
06-16-2005, 03:17 PM
This behavior can be controlled using the standard msi property "ALLUSERS".
For details see...
I tried this and it works. Per the link, I added ALLUSERS=2 to the command line options and the Start menu buttons were added to the All Users section instead of the current user section. According to the link, this will only work if the current user doing the install has Adminstrative access. Not an issue for us since everyone has this on their own PC, but something to be aware of.

For us it is important to install Drafting for All Users since we have some PCs which are used by multiple people.

Thanks again joerg.

John Scheffel
06-21-2005, 09:10 AM
I submitted my question about install options to CoCreate support. It seems there are no language options for Drafting. The only options mentioned in the reply have already been discussed in this thread. Here is a summary of the information I received.

The available options are:

INSTALLDIR
MELS
ALLUSERS

INSTALLDIR sets the path where Drafting will be installed. If the path contains blanks, you should enclose between \" (escaped quotes). For example:

setup.exe /s /v"/qn INSTALLDIR=\"D:\Program Files\OSDD 2005\" MEls=localhost"

MELS - sets the license server list. Can be localhost, 127.0.0.1 (loopback IP address same as localhost), or one or more MEls server names or IP addresses. If more than one server is used, separate by commas. For example

MEls=my_server.company.com,localhost

ALLUSERS determines if Drafting is installed for All Users of a PC, or the current user only. This affects who has the Start Menu buttons to run it. Possible values are:

0 - (default if not specified) will install for the current user only.
1 - will install for All Users, but will post an error if the current user is not an adminstrative login.
2 - will install for all users unless the current user is not an administrative login, in which case it will install for the current user only.