PDA

View Full Version : Changes in allmodules.dat, *.pen and *.plt files

hgn98009
04-11-2005, 11:13 PM
I have had modified allmodules.dat and my own *.pen and *.plt files in Annotator 11.61. Now they don't work anymore. Can someone tell me where to look for the new syntax for these files because I haven't been able to find the syntax definitions. I want to make sure that all the users get the Data Management module started everytime they start OSDM. I also want every user to be able to see all the plotters they are used to and get the same linewidth they had before. Maybe the changes were made in version 12 and there were a lot of information on how to rewrite your customized files. However I missed version 12 and jump straight from 11.61 to 13.01.

Hans-Göran Gustavsson
AES AB

John Scheffel
04-12-2005, 09:10 AM
I think the all_modules.dat changes occurred in version 12. As a start you might want to look at the file that comes with standard installation.

<install-dir>\personality\sd_customize\all_modules.dat

There are a lot of comments at the top that describe the syntax for entries. You can also checkout this help file and search for all_modules.dat to find more details.

<install-dir>\help\osdm\Common\documentation\integration_kit\reference\advanced_cust.html

Some *.pen and *.plt file format changes occurred in version 13. You might want to ask your CoCreate rep or support for a copy of this document.

Plotting in Annotation 13.00

I contacted support about fixing our plot customizations to work with version 13. They sent this document to me and it was very helpful.

hgn98009
04-12-2005, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the information about plotting. The swedish support people didn't know about that document and tried to solve the problem by themselves but now I have requested it (why it wasn't in the standard documentation still beats me).
The all_modules.dat replaced corp_modules.dat but there used to be a line for every module saying

:startup :yes ;; :no

Now this information is moved someplace. If I go through the menu choices File - Modules - Startup I can move Data Management to the Startup Sequence field and everything will work as I want it to. The thing is I want to make sure every user gets this as default so that 60 people doesn't have to find out the hard way that they cannot save their work to OneSpace Manager.

Hans-Göran Gustavsson
AES AB

Markus
04-12-2005, 10:58 PM
Hello Hans-Göran,

just setup the startup sequence as you like interactively (Application->Modules->Startup) and exit Designer. Now you find a file all_data.lsp in your personal customization directory. In that file look for
(persistent-data :key "STARTUP MODULES" :value '( "Startup Module" ) ).
That's the definition of which modules should be activated during startup.
If you want that all your users use the same startup sequence, just place your all_data.lsp (you may want to strip this file down to things which are relevant to all users only) to a site or corp customization directory.
For more information on this, please read the "Customization Guide for Administrators and Advanced Users" which can be found in the Integration Kit: INSTALLDIR/help/Common/documentation/integration_kit/reference/advanced_cust.html

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Markus

hgn98009
04-13-2005, 01:51 AM
Thanks a lot. Now it starts as I intended.

Maybe you Markus could post Plotting in Annotation 13.00 here too. My support contact is going to Denmark for a week. I am trying to find one of his collegues but I would appreciate if I could get my hands on the document faster. I don't really see why CoCreate is withholding information on how to set up plotters in Annotation in the first place.

Gary Brauch
04-13-2005, 05:30 AM
This article, "Plotting in Annotation 13", is in Knowledge Gate. Log into eSupport Marketplace and it's there.
I believe this was created after the help files were finalized, so it didn't make it in.
I will request that it be put into the help files.

John Scheffel
04-13-2005, 08:08 AM
Thanks to the CoCreate folks for providing some more detailed information.

Although the change in Module activation method may cause some confusion for people migrating from pre version 12, I think it is worth it. We have found that people using Modeling really like the option of setting which Modules to activate at start time. They could do this pre version 12 by editing files, but it was complicated and most would not take the time to figure it out. Now that it can be done easily from the UI, many more people are using this feature.

We have taken advantage of the new all_modules.dat structer to provide several custom tools that users can activate if desired. In the past we activated them all as part of our corporate startup, but over time the Toolbox got pretty cluttered. Now we put them in a separate tab of the Modules menu, and users can pick and choose which Items they want activated with each startup and have only what they want in the Toolbox.

Gary L.
09-22-2005, 12:33 PM
I can not find this in Knowledge Gate. Can anyone help?

This article, "Plotting in Annotation 13", is in Knowledge Gate. Log into eSupport Marketplace and it's there.
I believe this was created after the help files were finalized, so it didn't make it in.
I will request that it be put into the help files.