PDA

View Full Version : Symbol or Sketch?? (inquiring Symbols)

jkramer
01-17-2005, 01:38 AM
Hi,

we need a special kind of symbol in our Annotation drawings, so that we can specify the order in which bends should be made in a sheet metal product.
These symbols will only be required in the pre-production stage of a drawing; afterwards the symbols should be made invisible.
I would like to be able to automate this "making invisible". I know how I can do this if I would use a Sketch for this symbol, because I can inquire the name of all Sketches with SD-AM-INQ-ALL-SKETCHES. So, if all "Bend-Order-Sketches" have the name "bend_order_sketch", it's easy to write a Lisp routine that deletes the desired Sketches (or scales them down by , say, 0.001).
My question: because all other symbols we use in Annotation are Symbols (sounds logical, eh??) instead of Sketches, it's not very intuitive for our 18 OSD users that only this type off symbol is actually a Sketch.... Is there a command for inquiring all Symbols in an Annotation Drawing???? Then I would probably be able to do the same trick with a Symbol iinstead of a Sketch.

Thanks!
Jaap

Wolfgang
01-18-2005, 11:04 AM
write your own SD-AM-INQ-ALL-Symbols ;)

please read about

a) get_selection
<osddir>/help/osdm/Common/documentation/integration_kit/reference/get_selection.html#get_selection

and

b) Annotation select foci
<osddir>help/osdm/Common/documentation/integration_kit/concepts/annotation/anno_sel.html#list

create a dialog to trigger the "hiding"

in :ok-action do something like this:
get_selection *sd-anno-symbol-seltype* "all in drawing"

then a dolist, getting the name... (or something similar), check it and delete it via sd-call-cmds (the-normal-delete)

Hope it's enough to point you to the right entry points, isn't it?

jkramer
01-19-2005, 03:24 AM
Hi,

thanks, you've helped me a couple of steps further!!
But ehhh... any idea how to get the name of a selected symbol???

Regards,
Jaap

Wolfgang
01-21-2005, 08:56 AM
I fear ;) I have to give you the same tip once more:

Read the IntegrationKIT documentation!

you gave me the chance to try out the new vB Codes :D

IKIT index:

help/osdm/Common/documentation/integration_kit/reference/annotation/anno_function_index.html

search for 'name'

and.. heee.. (sd-am-inq-name item) is there..

I never used it for symbols!