PDA

View Full Version : Save an "Needs Update" drawing in MM

luigimilano
01-14-2005, 01:55 AM
I'd like to save an "Needs Update" drawing with Annotation in Model Manager. It's very boring always update a drawing before saving it expecially if I only add one quote.
Can someone help me?

Thanks

tom kirkman
01-14-2005, 04:37 AM
I have the same problem, I have been in contact with Cocreate and they say there is no solution. They also said they might fix this in later versions.

One thing you can do is to delete all the loaded 3d models, then you can save the 2d.

Tom

luigimilano
01-14-2005, 04:49 AM
I don't understand I load a drawing without its owner model but I can't save the drawing yet (see attach please). I have 13.00 version, what version do you have?

Thanks Tom

tom kirkman
01-14-2005, 04:56 AM
If you have any 3d models loaded, even if they are not the owner model, you will get this message. All models must be removed, then you can save the 2d.

Tom

luigimilano
01-14-2005, 05:02 AM
OK Tom now it's all right!

Thank-you

Wolfgang
01-16-2005, 07:03 AM
The question is, why there's displayed an *error* box?

If you do the same when saving a dwg to filesystem (or a bdl file) you only get a *Warning* box with nearyl the same message. And the warning box, you can accept and continue to store what you want to store.

Can you please try to trace a function and tell me which command you are calling (from Annotation I assume)?

(trace oli::sd-display-error display-error)

You'll see it the output in the console window, please enable it first.

Wolfgang

luigimilano
01-16-2005, 10:42 PM
Sorry Wolfgang but I not understand what I do
Activate Annotation
Activate Windows Console
Digit in the Input User Line (trace oli::sd-display-error display-error)
and then ... I must save a drawing?
Explain me step by step please

Bye

tom kirkman
01-17-2005, 04:28 AM
Wolfgang

I have traced the error as requested. I have also include screen shots of
the drawing and error.

Tom

luigimilano
01-17-2005, 05:05 AM
Here the images of my error.
Thanks Tom for your example.

Bye
Luigi

Wolfgang
01-26-2005, 12:38 PM
Hi Luigi, Hi Tom,

thanks for your screen shots. I fear the idea I have had in my mind when asking for more detailed information will not work. Because the program is already in a path NOT to store your data. So the idea to influence display-error can not work.

Sorry for the bad news.

Wolfgang