PDA

View Full Version : How to increase the heap size

vemanamar
12-23-2004, 08:13 PM
Dear Cocreaters,

I had came across this typical kind of error while compiling one of the lisp files. The lisp file i had been compiling consists of 2770 lines of code.
The error i am getting in console window is :

":fatal error c1076: compiler limit: internal heap limit reached: use /Zm to specify a higher limit".

So, can any one tell me how to increase the heap size for a lisp file.

with regards,
V.Amar

clausb
12-24-2004, 03:49 AM
The error message you're getting comes from the Visual C++ compiler, not from the LISP compiler which is built into OSDM. Therefore, to work around the issue, you will have to change the settings for the external Visual C++ compiler.

The Visual C++ compiler is called from a batch file called sdlcpas3.bat; look for this file in the binNT subdirectory of the OSDM installation. You might be able to slightly tweak the command-line parameters. Look for the label ":compile3" in the batch file, and add a /Zm option to the cl command line to work around the issue so that you can continue working. However, I have never heard of such a case before, so we should probably try to learn a little more about the cirumstances - let's continue to discuss this after xmas.

Claus

vemanamar
12-27-2004, 01:02 AM
Hi clausb,

Its nice i hear from you.
The file had mentioned to refer for :compile3 exists in only OSDM 2005.
I am not able to get the file in 2004.

So, pls inform the appropriate file in OSDM 2004, so that i can work it out.

Any way,

" Belated Merry Christmas to all Cocreaters :) "

with regards,
V.Amar

clausb
12-27-2004, 02:13 AM
The sdlcpas3.bat file also exists in OSDM 2004. The contents might be slightly different, but you'll also find a cl command line there.

BTW, for OSDM 2004, you need to use Visual C++ 6.0. VS.NET will *not* work.

Claus