PDA

View Full Version : OSD 13 locks when generating BOM

betelgeuze.nl
12-21-2004, 07:00 AM
When I try to generate a BOM in Annotation, in combination with Design Management, OSD locks. Without Design Management there is no problem. I managed to trace the moment when OSD locks but I don't understand it.

Because Annotator.exe was in some kind of loop I reduced the trace file because it was to large to attach.

Steve
12-22-2004, 08:13 AM
I haven't worked with scanned BOMs yet, but I want to make sure I understand the process.

Basically, you tell Model Manager to scan the structure of any given assembly, which generates a BOM in Model Manager. You can then reference this BOM onto any given drawing.

But if you change the structure of the assembly model, you have to manually re-scan the BOM into Model Manager, and then manually re-create the BOM on the drawing. Is this correct?

Steve

betelgeuze.nl
12-22-2004, 11:16 PM
I scan the structure of an assembly in Annotation (Scan Model). Then Annotation generates a BOM Table. The next step is to number the parts generated in the BOM table (Numbering) but during this step Annotation gets in some kind of loop and locks. When I do the steps mentioned above without the Design Management module activated the process continues normally.