PDA

View Full Version : input chinese in ME10 english version

HENRYLIANG
12-14-2004, 11:13 PM
Is it possible to input chinese in ME10 english version?

Teh Tiack Ein
12-19-2004, 09:50 PM
Yes, It is possible to view/edit/input chinese characters in Drafting (a.k.a ME10) and Modeling (a.k.a SolidDesigner)- Annotataion.

You must install OS Windows MUI-Chinese Simplified or Traditional patches. Also, you have to load chinese 2 Byte Font (e.g. hp_chinese.fnt) into the Drafting (a.k.a ME10) or Modeling (a.k.a SolidDesigner)-Annotation.

In Modeling (a.k.a SolidDesigner)-Annotation, you must set the environment variables, LANG= chinese_s and/or LANGUAGE=zh_CN in the client system. The Drafting (a.k.a ME10) would work without setting the 2 environment variables above.

HENRYLIANG
12-20-2004, 08:38 PM
where download chinese patch?

Teh Tiack Ein
01-12-2005, 09:07 PM
where download chinese patch?

The Windows MUI can be downloaded from Microsoft MSDN website.

http://msdn.microsoft.com

Here is the zip file of hp_chinese.fnt.

HENRYLIANG
01-25-2005, 03:47 PM
The Windows MUI can be downloaded from Microsoft MSDN website.

http://msdn.microsoft.com

Here is the zip file of hp_chinese.fnt.

How can i load hp_chinese font to ME10 software??
Thanks for your help.

SoonTin
01-30-2005, 04:14 PM
Hello Guys,

I want to highlight the problem with chinese characters in OSDD (have not tested with Annotation) as shown in the attachment as advised by CoCreate to set LANGUAGE to 'zh' or CHANGE_LOCALE 'zh'. Hence it was always assumed that the language setting was correct.

However according to the latest news from R&D, 'zh_cn' should be the correct locale setting for simple chinese encoding (GB2312 encoding). CHANGE_LOCALE 'zh' will actually change locale to traditional chinese (BIG5encoding). The same as CHANGE_LOCALE 'zh_tw'.

So you should use CHAGE_LOCALE 'zh_cn' or set LANGUAGE to 'zh_cn' to avoid the said problem as mentioned by Teh.

Best regards.

Teh Tiack Ein
05-25-2005, 07:04 PM
However according to the latest news from R&D, 'zh_cn' should be the correct locale setting for simple chinese encoding (GB2312 encoding). CHANGE_LOCALE 'zh' will actually change locale to traditional chinese (BIG5encoding). The same as CHANGE_LOCALE 'zh_tw'.

You are Soon Tin! There are some issues on display correct Chinese texts using variables above. We have reported to CoCreate and there is no work around.

The problem was reported as a severe defect, BOA8SLTA2T3KQY

Jalaludeen
05-29-2013, 08:59 PM
hi ,

I have loaded the hp_chinese in me 10 font. but it doesnt works. it shows boxes. could you please guide to enter of edit the chinese word.

please refer the attacged zipped file

Regards,
Jalaludeen