PDA

View Full Version : Weird Projected Ref Point behaviour (while plotting)

jkramer
12-08-2004, 06:11 AM
Hi,

we have a weird problem while plotting Annotation drawings. We use Projected Ref Points Regularly, and we have set the circle of it to color black and "invisible". When we plot it using the standard plot function, this works fine: the circle is invisible on paper (that's what we want).
If I use another plotfunction, which uses ME10 plotting commands, the Projected Ref Points' Circles alway appear on paper, whatever settings I try. So, if I set de circle radius to 0.1 mm or so, it still appears on paper with a radius of 1. No Proj.Ref Point setting whatsoever helps to get rid of the circle....
It seems as if the ME10 plotting routines use a default setting for the Projected Ref Points??!!
Does anyone know how to influence the way the Ref Points are plotted???
Thanks!!

Regards,
Jaap

John Scheffel
12-08-2004, 08:52 AM
That is odd since I thought by default black lines would not be plotted in ME10. The solution may be to use a PLOT_TRANSFORMATION command to map the subject objects to pen 0. This should prevent them from plotting. Here is an example of redefining the standard Plot_black_and_white macro which is used whenever you set the color mode to B&W. It maps all lines to pen 1 (black) with 0.1 mm thickness, then alters WHITE and PHANTOM GREEN lines to be thicker (0.3 mm). The lines near the bottom map all BLACK lines and PHANTOM CYAN lines to pen 0, which should not plot.

DEFINE Plot_black_and_white {COLOR MODE = B & W}
LET Nt_plot_option NT_PLOT_OPTION_B_AND_W
true_color_plotting off
PLOT_TRANSFORMATION ALL ALL SAME 1
PLOT_TRANSFORMATION ALL ALL 0 0 SAME penwidth 0.1 1
PLOT_TRANSFORMATION PHANTOM GREEN 0 0 SAME penwidth 0.3 1
PLOT_TRANSFORMATION SOLID WHITE 0 0 SAME penwidth 0.3 1
PLOT_TRANSFORMATION ALL BLACK SAME 0
PLOT_TRANSFORMATION PHANTOM CYAN SAME 0
LET Plot_pix_color_option 0
END_DEFINE

jkramer
12-08-2004, 10:11 PM
Hi John,

thanks for your answer, but the problem goes deeper. In my plotting macros the black lines are already set like that. All other black geometry and text are invisible on paper. ONLY the Ref Point circle remains visible. Besides that, whatever circle diameter I give it, on paper it will have radius 1. Even setting the circle on line type "invisible" does not help.......
I even checked the undelete buffer; empty...

Regards,
Jaap