PDA

View Full Version : speed of inq_selected_elem

Lim Chee Beng
11-21-2004, 09:59 PM
I did a simple macro experiment in ME10 and found that "inq_selected_elem" speed is pretty slow, especially when total number of elements is high.

I loaded the attached "try.mac" and tested with 2 similar drawings and 1 empty drawing. Dwg1 is the detailed with total of 38780 elements, while dwg2 has 1286 elements after plenty of unnecessary parts deleted from dwg1. Dwg3 is basically an empty drawing. The test result with "try.mac" to run in each dwg is as attached in "speed.txt".

By comparing the result between dwg1 and dwg2, dwg1 is much slower than dwg2 even though number of subtree element is identical. It's probably due to 38780 global elements in dwg1 compared to 1286 in dwg2. Even though when an appropriate part is selected and "subtree" keyword is used to focus at the specific parts, the non-related elements in the higher level seems to have a significant effect to the searching speed of "inq_selected_elem".

Is there any programatic method to "freeze" and "ignore" completely (but not deleted) the non-related elements from seaching, in order to speed up the "inq_selected_elem" process?

Lim Chee Beng
11-22-2004, 12:29 AM
Besides, is there any ME10 command to freeze viewport/display. This often helps to improve macro speed for most of applications.