PDA

View Full Version : "Create New Document" in Drawing Manager???

Steve
11-03-2004, 06:17 AM
Hi All!

As is typical for lots of engineering houses, commonly I create new designs (and drawings) based off of older ones.

Under Work Manager, I would call down an old ME10 drawing, make some changes, and then push it back into Work Manager. I would then be given the options "Overwrite" (if the original was not released), "Create New Version", or "Create New Document".

Of course "Create New Document" was the correct choice to make a new document based off of the old one.

Today, when I pull down an ME10 drawing out of Drawing Manager, and then push it back in, it recognizes it as the original drawing, and only permits the option of Major or Minor Rev. There is no provision for "New Entry".

Does anyone know how to make a new drawing based off of an old ME10 drawing and put it back into Drawing Manager as a new entry?

Steve

May Kung
11-03-2004, 10:49 AM
We use Annotation here with Model Manager, but I suspect it is similar to Drafting and Drawing Manager.

When reattaching a drawing to a new 3D model, I use the Attach Drawing to True Copy command. This assigns a new ID to the old drawing, such that Model Manager will give me the New Entry option.

If I cannot use Attach Drawing to True Copy for whatever reason, I save out each sheet from Annotation in Sheet MI format. I clear the session, then reload each sheet to "recreate" my multi-sheet Annotation drawing. Model Manager now gives the New Entry option.

Rara
05-03-2005, 04:07 AM
In the Drawing Manager menu in ME10 (v13.01) choose "Info->Clear ID" and then you can save the existing drawing as a new drawing.