PDA

View Full Version : Scaling dimensions?

earle
11-02-2004, 10:38 AM
I'm using release 10 and it seems to me that many releases ago there was a command that allowed you to set the dimension scale factor, i.e. if you scaled your object 2:1 the dimensioning could be set to account for that so you wouldn't have to edit each and every dimension.
Does this ability still exist?

earle
11-02-2004, 10:44 AM
Is there a way to set the scale factor for dimensioning?
For example, if I've scaled the dwg content 2:1, is there a setting which will allow the dimesioning to account for this so I dont have to edit all dimensions??

Thom Ivancso
11-02-2004, 11:49 AM
Hello earle,

The command you are looking for is call Draw Scale, when you use this command it sets the scale of the drawing equal to desired output size 2:1 1:2 etc. But when you dimension the geometry it is done at 1:1.

In the Windows UI it is located under Setup | Environment | System | Environment Tab | Drawing Scale

In Classic UI it is under the Setup 1 menu | Draw Scale

Or you can type the command in on the command line DRAWING_SCALE scale factor

The scale factor is a single number entry .5 or 2

Cheers
Thom

Teh Tiack Ein
11-02-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by earle
... i.e. if you scaled your object 2:1 the dimensioning could be set to account for that so you wouldn't have to edit each and every dimension.
Does this ability still exist?

I am not sure whether your "object" is referring to "part" or not. If you can create and/or move your geometries to "part" and/or "subpart", you do not need to edit your dimension when you scale your "part" or "subpart". The dimension value for the geometries in the part/subpart are still referring to geometries that without scaling. You can commands below for scaling Parts/subparts

PART_DRW_SCALE ONLY - Part only
PART_DRW_SCALE - Part and subpart

John Scheffel
11-03-2004, 10:41 AM
The two threads on this topic posted in two different forums have been merged.