PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic move snaps to hidden grid

Gary L.
10-29-2004, 10:41 AM
When using move text or move elements and using the dynamic opton, there appears to be a hidden grid that the mouse snaps to as you move around in the viewport. Is there a way to adjust the grid spacing or turn the snap to grid off?

John Scheffel
11-01-2004, 10:27 AM
I couldn't find any way to change this from the UI, but as a guess I tried the command that changes it in Drafting and it seems to work in Annotation. Try entering the following on the Annotation command line.

(oli::sd-execute-annotator-command :cmd "UA_DISTANCE_GRID 0.1")

This should change the grid to 0.1 in the current units. Not pretty, but it works. You could also add this line to your am_customize startup file if you want to change your defualt.

JOEVERSA
05-08-2007, 05:28 AM
I couldn't find any way to change this from the UI, but as a guess I tried the command that changes it in Drafting and it seems to work in Annotation. Try entering the following on the Annotation command line.

(oli::sd-execute-annotator-command :cmd "UA_DISTANCE_GRID 0.1")

This should change the grid to 0.1 in the current units. Not pretty, but it works. You could also add this line to your am_customize startup file if you want to change your defualt.
John,

Can you advise what the correct syntax would be for entering this command
into the "am_customize" file? I have been entering the following as the last
command and have not had success.

This command works if I enter into the Annotation command line?

Thanks,

joeversa

John Scheffel
05-08-2007, 09:10 AM
Strange, but I see the same behavior. I can set it from the User Input Line, but if I put the command in my am_customize file it doesn't work. I have other lines in am_customize that call sd-execute-annotator-command and they work. My best guess would be that this value is being set to a default after the am_customize file is loaded.

The good news is that in Modeling 2007 you can set this from the user interface and the value will be remembered.

Click Edit, Settings, Default Settings
Open Annotation/Copilot/Grid
Double click on the Default Distance and change it to the value you want.

The new setting should be remembered when you exit and restart Modeling.

In 2007 you can also adjust the Annotation snap grid on the fly using the Page Up and Page Down keys similar to how it works in 3D Modeling. You can also set the change increments for this feature using the Distance List under default settings.

Wolfgang
05-08-2007, 09:10 AM
it looks like you are using version 14 or 15 of Modeling. PLEASE post your version which is in use. There are too many differences!

If feedback (with copilot box) is active the grid size can be changed easily using PageUP/DOWN key on your keyboard. To go back to the default press "Home". This is the same as the copilot in 3D part of modeling react.

The last Distance/Angle grid distance is stored, so it will be used again when restarting OSD/AM (as far as I remember).

------

If I understand your problem correctly there's no need to use a (oli::sd-execute-annotator-command.. sequence. It's the opposite: it will mix up the page up/down key behaviour (a little).

The command would work if you enter it in command line.. but that value will not be valid very long ;)