PDA

View Full Version : Conversiom ME-->WMF

brm
10-20-2004, 11:54 PM
Is possible convert the drawings in M10-12 in WMF format to insert in microsoft Word document?
Thanks for help.

John Scheffel
10-21-2004, 09:28 AM
I assume that by WMF you mean "Windows Meta File".

I don't know of any way to convert a MI file to WMF, but you can Print/Plot to the clipboard then Paste the clipboard contents into Word or other applications that support pasting graphics.You many need to use "Paste Special" to pick the meta file format since Paste may default to Text format. You can also Edit/Copy in Drafting and Paste into other applications, but you may not like the result. Printing to the clipboard produces a result more like a printed drawing with all the print controls on color and line width.

Once in the clipboard, you can save a *.CLP file which you can send to others. Microsoft seems to hide the Clipboard Viewer icon in newer versions of Windows, but in any version you should be able to open it by clicking Start, Run, then entering clipbrd. From the viewer you can save a CLP file. Anyone running Windows can open a CLP file by double clicking it, which will load it into the clipboard. They can then Paste it.

Before you print to the Clipboard, you may want to use the CLIPBOARD_SIZE command to set the size of the image (in current drawing units). This can affect whether or not you need to rescale the image after import, and my require some trial and error to find the best size.

Once the size is set, you can print/plot to the clipboard as follows.

Classic UI - open the PLOT menu. Click Clipboard under SEND TO, then START PLOT. You won't see anything happen, but the drawing has been plotted to the clipboard.

Windows UI - Click File, Print. In the Print form in the Printer box, set the Name drop down list to "MSWINDOW_EMF_CLIPBOARD" (near the bottom). Set the other print parameters for the type of image you want. Finally click OK. You won't see anything happen, but the drawing has been printed to the clipboard.