PDA

View Full Version : User input in order

Lim Chee Beng
10-08-2004, 01:33 AM
Another beginner's question.....
In a multiple variable input dialog box, can we control sd-defdialog so that focus shifted to next variable input after each success input or [enter]?

dorothea
10-08-2004, 02:55 AM
The default behaviour of a dialog is to work through the variables from top to down. If the user enters value for the first variable the user is guided to the next variable where no value was specified yet. If you want to let the user go to any other variable by default you can use the parameter :next-variable programmatically.

Dorothea

Lim Chee Beng
10-10-2004, 04:38 PM
Thx, Dorothea. :next-variable is the command I'm looking for because I have :initial-value for every variable.

However, this is a minor problem I have. Would you mind to point out the mistake?

After I click to hilite and enter the first value, the yellow box hilite is moved to second box. But when I key in, the new value entered is still added to the beginning of the first value (pls refer to "testing.gif" image file). The cursor seems to stay in the first box, even though the yellow hilite has changed to the second box. What is the mistake here in the code (pls refer to testing.lsp) ?