PDA

View Full Version : Menus in 8.70 and 12.01C

fcoexposito
09-16-2004, 06:49 AM
Hi all!

I have a doubt with macros in these versions. I have the version 8.70 (how long time.....) and I want to save its dimension menu and push it in version 12.01C.

Anybody knows how can I find the dimension menu in both versions???

Thanks a lot!

Thom Ivancso
09-16-2004, 11:09 AM
What user interface are you using Classic or Windows UI?

Both are handled very differently and I want to be able to answer your question accurately.

Cheers
Thom

fcoexposito
09-17-2004, 12:30 AM
The menus are classic in both sites, but the interface in 12.01C is windows. I explain me better....(I hope).
with the jpg attached.

Thanks.

John Scheffel
09-17-2004, 08:16 AM
From your image it appears you are running the Mixed UI, but the Dimension menu you want to modify is a classic style menu. From your toolbar it seems that you are using the HP macro set, so I assume you work for HP. You might want to approach your internal support people about this question, since the HPMS includes unique methods for adding customizations to classic menus at a site or user level.

If you just want to get back to the "pre Dimension Advisor" style menus, try running the macro Disable_dam on the command line. This should restore the old Dimension menus.

In general, classic menus are created by macros, so if you want to save a menu from an older version and load it into a newer version, you need to find the name of the macro that creates the menu, save it from the old version, then load it into the new version. See the SAVE_MACRO and LOAD_MACRO commands under help. You can determine the name of the macro run by a button by running the EDIT_MACRO command then clicking the button.