PDA

View Full Version : Dimensions in ISO views?

Steve
08-31-2004, 07:58 AM
Is it possible to put dimensions on isometric views?

Steve

Thom Ivancso
09-07-2004, 06:18 AM
Hello Steve,

You can apply dimensions to ISO views in Annotator, but the dimensions are not to scale.

You could manually edit the dimension values after putting the dimensions on but of course when you go to update the drawing you will get the (++edited++) text next to the altered dimension.

Cheers
Thom

Steve
09-13-2004, 12:20 PM
You can apply dimensions to ISO views in Annotator, but the dimensions are not to scale.

How do you create such dimensions?

Steve

Thom Ivancso
09-13-2004, 01:23 PM
Hello Steve,

You use the Dimensioning Menu in Annotator just as you would to dimension a ortho view. I use the Single Dimension and the options Para To and Perp To to help with the orientation (direction) of the dimension. Then use the Modify Dims Menu | Edit Value to change the dimension text.

Cheers
Thom

Steve
10-05-2004, 07:14 AM
Ah, I see. That doesn't quite help though. For example, if you wanted a dimension in an iso view where the dimension arrows followed into/out of the screen, but the two lines you are dimensioning to are vertical, even if you used the "parallel" option the dimension arrows would run horizontal (left and right), not into/out of the screen.

See attached image for a better explanation.

AndyHingston
10-06-2004, 02:39 AM
Steve,

I have tried here and you are right this is not possible. If you create a new General Docuplane in an ISO view, you are able to create the correct 3D dimension providing you select FREE. However, it is not then possible to transfer this to an Annotation view.

I know that this is not a solution to your problem, but I just wanted to share my thoughts and findings.