PDA

View Full Version : encript .lsp file

robin
08-01-2004, 09:20 PM
is ther any method to encript .lsp file ?

Thom Ivancso
08-02-2004, 06:05 AM
Hello robin,

The only way to encrypt a OSDM Lisp program, is to compile it.

You need to have a license of the OneSpace Designer Modeling Developers Kit (See your CoCreate Sales Rep for information on cost) and a copy of a C++ compiler. On the Windows OS platform that would be Microsoft Visual C++ version 6.0 and on UNIX it would be that OS versions ANSI C++ compiler.

These two products used in conjuction will allow you to compile your Lisp code so it is unreadable and also allow it to load and execute faster, seeing that OSDM does not need to compile the code internally at runtime.

Cheers
Thom

clausb
08-03-2004, 08:30 PM
Well, we do not support a crypted LISP file format (other than by compiling the code), but you could of course do the following:

Encrypt the LISP file using a crypt utility of your choice
Before loading into OSDM, run the crypt utility for decryption (from within OSDM); write the decrypted file into a temporary file
Load the decrypted file, then delete it

Claus

robin
08-04-2004, 10:06 PM
Hi all,
i have gone through "/help/Common/documentation/integration_kit/concepts/intro.html#add_sw",
"\help\Common\documentation\integration_kit\reference\lispcompilation.html".
i have microsoft visual c++ 6.0 and osdm 12.01 intstalled with developer's kit. i have loaded 123.lsp file.
osdm 12.01, when i have given a command (compile-file "C:/123.lsp") it is giving err msg which is

LISP error:
(SYSTEM ("SDLCPAS3" "-i" "C:\\123" "-o" ...)) returned a non-zero value 3.

i thought it requires outputfile name so it is giving error. i have also tried to give varius perameters which are give in
"lispcompilation.html" but it is not working. can anybody tell me detail procedure of compling and after compilation,
how to run that compiled file in osdm.

clausb
08-04-2004, 11:21 PM
The error message usually indicates that the compiler is not in the PATH. Open a DOS shell window, then enter "cl". If this results in an error message, then your PATH is not set correctly. Look for cl.exe in the Visual C++ installation directories and add the directory which contains that file to your PATH variable. You might also have to adjust the INCLUDE and LIB environment variables.

Installation problems like this can happen if you installed Visual C++ under a different account than the one you are using to compile the LISP code.

Hope this helps,

Claus

andrea
09-23-2004, 08:08 AM
I have not very understood what I must make in case me appears this error....?
I must insert of the variable ones of atmosphere?
Where in windows or OSD?

THANKS

clausb
09-23-2004, 08:32 AM
You have to fix the environment variable PATH, potentially also INCLUDE and LIB. Those are system variables, i.e. variables which you set outside of OSDM. You can do this in the System Control Panel. After changing the variables, you need to restart OSDM before the new values become effective.

The Visual C++ setup program should have asked you whether or not it should register environment variables automatically. Maybe you did not check this option. You could try to re-run the installation with the option enabled if you do not really know what environment variables are and how they are used.

Claus