PDA

View Full Version : Are there shortcut keys like autocad??

HENRYLIANG
07-27-2004, 01:05 AM
In onespace designer drafting,may i use shortcut key like autocad?
for example,in autocad input L is to line.
thanks!

Thom Ivancso
07-27-2004, 04:06 AM
Hello Henry,

There are no pre-defined shortcut keys in OSDD except for the F1 and F5 keys. Shortcut keys can be defined through customization.

There are two ways of handling this, one way is to use the Key Definition GUI in the Windows User Interface of OSDD this can be found under the Setup | Keys.. menu.

The Key Definition GUI allows you to create shortcut keys for F2, F3, F4, F6, F7, F8, F9, F10, F11 and F12. F1 and F5 are pre-defined by OSDD and should not be changed.

Through the GUI you can also create shortcut keys using the key combinations of Function or Plain keys with the Control, Alt or Shift keys.

The GUI saves these key definitions into a file named KeysU.cfg which is located in the users C:\Documents and Settings\usersname\Application Data\CoCreate\ME10\12.01 directory and will be read in on the startup of OSDD.

The other way is to write a customized file which is read into OSDD at startup. This file can contain macros to define plain key shortcuts as well as ones that use the Function, Control, Alt and Shift key combinations.

Any shortcut key created that need to use the Function, Control, Alt and or Shift key is done using the DEFINE_KEY macro function. You can find out more on the syntax of this command by veiwing the Programmers Reference Guide under the Help menu in OSDD.

To create any Plain Key shortcut keys, those which are only use alpha or numeric characters. You need to define these as regular macros as such.

DEFINE L
LINE
END_DEFINE

Once the customize file is created and read into the startup of OSDD, all you would need to do is type L and hit Enter thus invoking the LINE TWO_PTS command (Note that LINE TWO_PTS is the default command for LINE)

Hope this helps
Cheers
Thom

HENRYLIANG
07-28-2004, 10:49 PM
thom,i see.thanks a lot./henry