PDA

View Full Version : 3rd party documentation?

MikeBoswell
07-26-2004, 06:10 AM
Anyone out there know how I can get hard copy/electronic copy of training manuals?

We have a new user that just started and he needs to be brought up to speed w/ Solids. Most of the traing manuals that we have here are for releases back in the 8.x age or older.

The closest training is a plane trip away, and we are not $$$$.

Any suggestion ??

Mikeb

Gary Brauch
07-26-2004, 06:36 AM
Mike,
There is always the option of the online tutorial. Click on "Help > On Product".
Once this is up there is a link to the tutorial, "Getting started".
Take a look at that and see if it will help.
Gary.

May Kung
07-26-2004, 10:28 AM
Another option is to see if CoCreate is willing to sell the training manual for the Modeling class. It's actually pretty good, though the online tutorial is likely enough to get someone up and running.

I have inquired in the past about getting manuals. CoCreate does not release an electronic version of their manuals, but did give me the option of procuring hardcopies for a fee. I haven't found a third-party that makes a manual (available via your local bookstore, for example).

Or you could do what I ended up doing with Model Manager: wrote my own. :)

MikeBoswell
07-26-2004, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the replies.

We have looked at the online tutorial and it looks like that is as good as it will get for the new user. I agree that it should be enough, but some folks like to have the hardcopy to work from.

I have contacted Cocreate and so far have been told that NO manual are available unless training class is attended. Also that purchasing copies is NOT an option.

Thanks again.

Mikeb

May Kung
07-26-2004, 10:47 AM
Hmm. I think they were going to let us buy a few extra copies because a few of us *had* just attended the class. Perhaps their policy has changed since then.

John Scheffel
07-26-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by MikeBoswell
I have contacted Cocreate and so far have been told that NO manual are available unless training class is attended. Also that purchasing copies is NOT an option.
That's not very customer friendly. How can you expect to sell software if you don't provide people with several options for learning how to use it? I know that these manuals are available in PDF form, so there are no printing or distribution costs involved to provide them to customers. I have always thought they should just put them on the web site, but they seem to be paranoid about stuff like that. If I were you I would escalate this within CoCreate, this policy hurts them as much as their customers. Ask to talk the manager of whoever told you this and keep working your way up the chain. They should provide some way for paying customers to get these manuals.

MikeBoswell
07-27-2004, 06:37 AM
You got that right John.
I have put it back into the hands of the sales guy. See what he comes up with.

Mikeb

MikeBoswell
10-11-2004, 11:13 AM
Sales guy came up w/ NOTHING!!!!