PDA

View Full Version : 3D Label in thumbnail

luigimilano
07-19-2004, 12:06 AM
When I save a model with Model Manager the thumbnail contain all 3D label. I don't want 3D Label in thumbnail how can I do?

Thanks in advance

dszostak
07-19-2004, 07:20 AM
Can you post an image so can visually understand and possibly help you out?

luigimilano
07-19-2004, 07:58 AM
The thumbnail with 3D Label is difficult to see the model.

Thanks David

dszostak
07-19-2004, 08:06 AM
It looks like when the model was first saved to MM, 3D labels were ON when the thumbnail was saved. To have a thumbnail without the 3D labels, resave just the thumbnail. How? - With the part loaded, go to the structure browser and right-click on the part, move to the MM commands and retake the thumbnail again without 3D labels. You also rotate the model so it's saved in an appropriate position.

luigimilano
07-19-2004, 08:12 AM
OK this is a good tip for one or two model, but if I save an assembly with 100 new part and all thumbnail have 3D label is no good resave 100 thumbnail.
Why my vport1 have 3D label OFF and when automatic create thumbnail the little vport have 3D label ON?

Thanks David

dszostak
07-19-2004, 08:24 AM
To resave thumbnails for 100 part assembly, right-click the top-level assebly and use the recursive thumbnail option. This will save each level of the assembly, all the way down to the parts with a "draw-only" and "fit" thumbnail save. This is very each to do and fast.
To turn off 3D labels, right-click in your viewport and go to the Show Menu. In this menu you find the option to turn OFF or ON 3D labels.

luigimilano
07-19-2004, 08:34 AM
Sorry David I don't know the recursive option of create thumbnail command, and I think is very useful, but remain the problem that my vport1 have 3D label OFF but if I create new viewport 3D label is ON therefore when new thumbnail is created the little viewport have 3D lable ON. How can I set 3D label OFF by default new viewport?

Thanks David

dszostak
07-19-2004, 01:36 PM
Hello luigimilano:
I've played around a little bit and found this to be a defect with the thumbnail creation. Can you please call or email CoCreate Support and submit this issue as a defect. Thank you.

luigimilano
07-19-2004, 11:40 PM
This is the first time for me to email CoCreate Support can you tell me how can I do?

Thanks David

dszostak
07-20-2004, 07:32 AM
On our website, www.cocreate.com (http://www.cocreate.com), under Services (found in the black top-row) you will find Customer Support > Contact Support. Here is the link (http://www.cocreate.com/contact_support.cfm).
Find the appropriate region for your customer support center's phone number and e-mail.
Let me know if you need anymore help. :)
Thanks.

luigimilano
07-20-2004, 07:47 AM
I've send this thread to support_europe@cocreate.com
This is the response

Dear Mr. Milano,

we received your call concerning the 3d Lbaels show when saving
multiple thumbnails within one assembly. (3d notes are visible
if vieport does not show any 3d labels)

First of all we need to verify this and if needed we are going to
create a defect report against this defect.

Best Regards,

Horst Kramer

Thanks David
Bye